Welcome to our website !

2014 Beauty and Skincare Wish List

By Tuesday, October 07, 2014 , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

I always looked forward to October when I was in school because the semestral break was coming up and that always meant that I was going to Hong Kong for at least a week. I always used that time to get a head start on my holiday shopping. That being said, I always got a few things for myself or started looking for things to put in my wish list. My birthday is in November and Christmas comes a month after that so it gave me enough time to hint what I wanted, but my parents would always get me something else anyway (sigh). In the spirit of that, I decided to run down the ten things I desperately want, but may or may not be able to get my hands on.

Nars Audacious Lipstick in Vera & Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Creme Lip Colour in #05 Mademoiselle


I have to confess that the first two items on this list are way, way, way beyond my budget for lipsticks. The reason they're here is because they are both incredibly pretty and I have to stop myself from going to their respective counters and swatching them all the time. Vera is a bright raspberry pink and I am a huge fan of berry shades. It has similarities to my Clio Art Lipstick in MO 28 Blossom Ruby, but with a richer color. Mademoiselle on the other hand is a gorgeous sheer pink. It makes a gorgeous MLBB (my lips, but better) lipstick and it is really creamy and moisturizing.

Shu Uemura Anti-Oxi Skin Refining Cleansing Oil


Shu Uemura has a long history of amazing oil-based cleansers and I have several friends who absolutely swear by these products. Everyone and their mother has lusted after the Shu Uemura cleansing oils and my mom and I are no exception. We both really really want this particular variant because of its claim that it effectively cleans off pollutants that cling to the skin. 

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard


If I was going to be well and truly honest, these first four products are all on this list because my friend Pauline has recommended them in some shape or form over the last year. She too has been eyeing this concealer. She has recently gotten her hands on it and raved about it in her September favorites. After a few mishaps I've had with some concealers I've tried in the past, I'm ready for something that really works. It has everything I want; a light buildable coverage, does not crease, is long-wearing, and lightens dark areas!

VDL Expert Lip Cube EX in #502 Hello Stranger



Have you ever gone shopping for someone else and bought them something you wished you could keep for yourself? I got this for my friend Danie as an extremely early Christmas present and she absolutely loved it and used it straight away. When I was at the VDL counter, the saleslady and I could not stop gushing over this deep red color. Apparently, this new line is more moisturizing and is of higher quality than the older lip cubes. Manufactured in France, the whole line was designed with roses in mind which is reflected in the color and fragrance of these lipsticks. If you haven't noticed yet, I am a sucker for berry lipsticks with beautiful scents.

Makeup Forever HD Pressed Powder


I have been wishing for this pressed powder for the better part of eight months. I recommended it to my cousin, Kim, and I was supposed to get it earlier this year when she bought hers, but I did not have enough money on me at the time. She has since finished her powder and loved using it. It has the nicest texture and I love that it is translucent and as a compact it is great as an on-the-go product.

TonyMoly Perfect Eyes Long Kinny Gel Pen Liner



This is a recent discovery for me and yet another one of those things I bought for someone else, but desperately wanted to keep. I was surprised to find out a Gel Pen Liner even existed. I've seen them in retractable pen or pencil form, but never as a liquid eyeliner. It combines the best of both worlds because you get the staying power of a gel liner, but the precision and handling of a pen liner. It also has a great brush tip and is pigmented. It also is not too glossy when dry and does not smudge. Not a lot has been said about this eyeliner, but when I get my hands on it (and I promise you, I will get my hands on it) I will definitely write a review.

Innisfree Skinny Microcara



Just look at how tiny that brush is! This came to my attention just as I was commiserating over the fact I couldn't get an Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara in the US because Sephora doesn't carry it. Not only is this Innisfree one more accessible to me, it comes in a non-waterproof formula that will be so much easier to remove. I'm not a big fan of clumpy lashes so this should help with lash separation as well as lengthening.

Laniege Water Bank Essence EX



I got a sample of the regular Water Bank Essence last year and I have been meaning to buy it ever since. The other essence products I've tried haven't really exceeded this one. I keep remembering how lovely this was to use. The whole Water Bank line is really good and I would like to get the whole collection, but if I come up short, I would be really happy with just this one product.

Clinique Moisture Surge


I cannot express just how much I want this. I am running out of the sample I bought and I live in fear of running out before I can get a full-sized one. This has done wonders for my skin. Moisture Surge not only moisturized it, but it made it brighter and more elastic. Make up went on smoother and every time I use it I get complimented on how glowy and radiant my skin looks. I've been alternating this with Nature Republic's Soothing & Moisture 92% Aloe Vera Soothing Gel, which is a really good gel texture moisturizer in its own right, but there is a definite difference in how soft my skin is after using Moisture Surge. If there was anything on this list that I wanted more than anything, it would be this product. There are so many things I love about it and I have grown to really need it.

I came up with this list after whittling away other products that didn't come up to scratch after reading reviews or after swatching. These are the ones I really could not get out of my mind. Some of them have been on this list for a long time and I just have not been able to get around to buying them or I keep stopping myself because of the price tag. I hope that I save enough money for a few of these or with luck someone gifts me one of these lovely products haha.

...Or they go on sale!









1. Clinique Moisture Surge
2. Laniege Water Bank Essence
3. Innisfree Skinny Microcara
4. TonyMoly Perfect Eyes Long Kinny Gel Pen Liner
5. Makeup Forever HD Pressed Powder
6. VDL Expert Color Lip Cube Ex in #502 Hello Stranger
7. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard
8. Shu Uemura Anti-Oxi Skin Refining Cleansing Oil
9. Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Lip Creme in #05 Mademoiselle
10. Nars Audacious Lipstick in Vera

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love the items on this wishlist! :) Very well-curated ;) I've tried half of these and I am telling you they're definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharina! Thank you and it's such a relief to find out that you think they're worth it :D It makes me even more excited to try and get my hands on them~

      Delete